Sonar C# plugin Roadmap

xti...@gmail.com

May 8, 2018, 10:24:28 AM5/8/18
to SonarQube
Hello fellows,

I have been using the c# plugin for about 3 years, and I have been seeing several changes in the time.

Currently I have the version 5.6.0.577. Seeing the fast evolving, and release of new versions of the plugin, i decided to try the latest version 7.0.1.4822 that sonarqube announces in the marketplace page.

after making an analysis, was a surprise to me that several metrics disappear:

Checking the release notes neither in the sources page, nor in the Sonarqube page, I couldn't see in which specific version this metrics were removed.
In the release notes, i have seen a lot of development focus on the rules, that is great.
So far, I had to freeze the use of the plugin, because our quality gate is based in some of the missing metrics. I am concern that even the complexity was removed.

Is there a roadmap for the plugin?

Cristian

valeri....@sonarsource.com

May 9, 2018, 4:20:54 AM5/9/18
to SonarQube
Hi Cristian,

Thank you for your feedback.

We haven't removed metrics from Sonar C# and you could easily see we have those for our source code on:

What version of Sonar Scanner for MSBuild are you using? A full debug log from the analysis could be of great help discovering the reason for the missing metrics. Just add "/d:sonar.verbose=true" to the begin step of the Scanner for MSBuild and send me the logs. I guess it will be a big file, so you could upload it here: https://www.dropbox.com/request/CszJAO1ZNXFVl1gwo5hA

Kind regards,
Valeri

xti...@gmail.com

May 25, 2018, 8:44:01 AM5/25/18
to SonarQube
Hello Valery,

thanks for your answer, and sorry for my late one.

I have been struggling with some configuration permutations regarding the version of sonar and its plugins.

I found that this issue is product of a mixture of the latest version of the C# plugin and the sonar-scanner. I was surprised when I knew that sonarc# plugin can only be used with the scanner-msbuild.

currently I have a Frankenstein....sorry....mixed project (not as in visual studio) with c# typescript and python, I cannot analyze it using one scanner, I have to analyze it  using two scanners and register them in two different projects in Sonarqube.

Cristian