Jacoco aggregate report to sonarQube (coverage)

ludovic...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2018, 8:09:49 AM1/4/18
to SonarQube
Hello,

First of all I'm using sonarQube 4.5.6, jacoco 0.7.9 with maven.

I have a multi-module project and I used the report-aggregate goal of jacoco in order to have a global coverage report and it works fine, but I want to use it with sonarQube and the problem is that sonarQube is expecting a .exec file (report-aggregate doesn't generate one).
Could it be possible to import one of the files generated by the report-aggregate (like the jacoco.xml) ?

Thanks in advance for the response.

G. Ann Campbell

Jan 4, 2018, 8:19:31 AM1/4/18
to SonarQube
Hi,

6.7.1 is the current version of SonarQube as well as the current LTS. You are more than 2 LTSs behind, and you're going to have a hard time finding support for your current version. I urge you to upgrade at your earliest convenience.

That said, this is more a question of your SonarJava version than of your SonarQube version, since each language analyzer handles its own language-specific coverage reports. However, once you get to SonarQube 6.7.1 (and a current version of SonarJava), you'll find that you can specify multiple report paths with the `sonar.junit.reportPaths` property, so the question of finding a compatible merged format goes away.

Ann

ludovic...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2018, 9:01:25 AM1/4/18
to SonarQube
Thanks for the quick response.

We will soon pass to a later version of sonarQube and I saw the multiple report paths but I don't think it will solve our problem.
The problem is that we have our integration tests in a separate module (using testNG) but we want to have the coverage of all the other modules impacted by those tests.
Jacoco and the report-aggregate permitted to do that, but I don't see how we can send the results to sonarQube.