SCM Stats in 5.3

Marco Macciò

Feb 18, 2016, 6:00:56 AM2/18/16
to SonarQube
Hi
I've made the upgrade from 5.1.1 to 5.3 and I'm struggling to understand how to have back the SCM Stats in the new version. (that were very cool ;-) )
I've seen that in the release notes of 5.3 the scm stats plugin should be removed but I thought that this functionality would have been inserted in the core of sonarqube.

Is there somebody that can explain me more ?

Thanks a lot in advance
Cheers
Marco

Julien HENRY

Feb 18, 2016, 6:27:42 AM2/18/16
to SonarQube
Hi Marco,

SCM Stat plugin was not integrated in the core. This is the SCM Activity plugin that is now a core feature (but you still need a dedicated plugin for each SCM provider).

To be honest we don't really support the SCM Stat plugin. It is part of the old time where SonarQube was used to store many data related to the project (like for example Build Stability plugin) but we are trying to focus on source code internal quality.

++

Julien