VSTS integration - Socket timeout on complete analysis

harry....@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2018, 1:09:07 PM1/3/18
to SonarQube
Hi,

I'm currently experiencing an issue in VSTS with the Complete Sonarqube Analysis build task.

ERROR: SonarQube server [(server url)] can not be reached

This seems to be caused by a socket timeout. This is confusing as larger projects are completing fine talking to the same server.
It suggests adding the -X switch to enable debug logging but I can't see where to enter this in the build task.

I'm running SQ 6.7 in a Linux docker image (running on Windows Server 2016).

Thanks

G. Ann Campbell

Jan 4, 2018, 9:33:06 AM1/4/18
to SonarQube
Hi,

Are those larger projects using the same infrastructure?

Ann

harry....@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2018, 10:13:31 AM1/4/18
to SonarQube
Hi Ann,

Thanks for getting back to me.

They are, they're even using the same endpoint defined in VSTS.

Harry

G. Ann Campbell

Jan 4, 2018, 10:15:35 AM1/4/18
to harry....@gmail.com, SonarQube
Hi Harry,

I'm going to guess it's something going on with your infrastructure then. You do (essentially) the same thing twice with different results, so I'd look at the pieces in the middle. Is there a pattern with the time of day? Could your network be flaking out?

Ann

---
G. Ann Campbell | SonarSource
Product Manager