SonarQube (free version) backup questions

strahinj...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2018, 9:15:43 AM3/19/18
to SonarQube
Hello, good day

Is there any "bundled" backup mechanism in SonarQube free version?

I've been searching for solution, and so far I'm close to the conclusion that we actually need to:
 - ensure DB backup, for example pg_dump if we use PostgreSQL,
 - do filesystem-level backup, i.e. rsync + hardlinking in order to have incremental backup.

Could someone please confirm?

I've also went through the API, and didn't find anything related to backup.

My next question would be what about elasticSearch, do I have to find a way how to backup it as well?

Thanks in advance,

Have a good day.

nicolas...@sonarsource.com

Mar 19, 2018, 10:22:03 AM3/19/18
to SonarQube
Hi there,

No native backup mechanism offered by SonarQube, simply because nothing specific is needed. Like you said: backup your database, and you've got 99% of your backup right there. The other 1% being: your sonar.properties configuration file, and potentially the list of plugins you're running (though maybe you just run an out-of-the-box Edition).

You shouldn't have anything to do with rsync/hardlinking, nor to care about ElasticSearch data either. If you need to restore backup then you can simply re-deploy the SonarQube version you were using, re-apply sonar.properties , deploy plugins, and you're good to go (ElasticSearch index will be rebuilt at startup).

Best regards,
Nicolas

strahinj...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2018, 11:47:06 AM3/19/18
to SonarQube
Thank you very much Nicolas.

This seems to be more easy than I firstly though :)

Cheers