[VOTE] Code Smells plugin 3.0.0

Michel Pawlak

Jan 6, 2016, 5:23:51 PM1/6/16
to SonarQube
Hi SonarQube community,

I would like to release a new version of the Code Smells (formerly known as WTF) Plugin version 3.0.0 and I'm asking you for your feedback.

The scope of this release is the following:
  • Migrate plugin to SonarQube 5.2 API
  • Handle multiline @Smell annotations (contributed by Andrew K)
To test this release you need to :
<dependency>

<groupId>com.qualinsight.plugins.sonarqube</groupId>

<artifactId>qualinsight-plugins-sonarqube-smell-api</artifactId>

<version>3.0.0-RC1</version>
</dependency>

Usage documentation is available on the plugin's GitHub page.

The vote is open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ] -1

Thank you in advance for your feedback !

Michel

G. Ann Campbell

Jan 7, 2016, 3:02:16 PM1/7/16
to SonarQube
@Michel,

I dug down to the version to find the release notes in hope of seeing what a "multiline smell annotation" looks like, but even in the the related ticket, I came up empty. Can you give an example somewhere of what this looks like?

Also, it occurs to me that you may want to include in your Smell rule description a link to the plugin docs. Either that, the information about the dependency. If I'm just Joe Developer & come across this rule in my SonarQube instance, I'm not going to know how to get started with it, even if it's on in my profile.

Ann

Michel Pawlak

Jan 7, 2016, 6:22:24 PM1/7/16
to SonarQube

G. Ann Campbell

Jan 8, 2016, 3:48:45 PM1/8/16
to Michel Pawlak, SonarQube
Ah. So I guess you're doing the major version bump because of the compatibility change?

Anyway, this looks good to me.

---
G. Ann CAMPBELL | SonarSource
Product Owner

michel...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2016, 4:47:36 AM1/9/16
to G. Ann Campbell, SonarQube
As the plugin is not backward compatible (due to 5.2 api not being backward compatible with 5.1), I had to upgrade the major version.

Michel

G. Ann Campbell

Jan 9, 2016, 3:14:26 PM1/9/16
to Michel Pawlak, SonarQube
Of course. That makes perfect sense.

---
G. Ann CAMPBELL | SonarSource
Product Owner

Michel Pawlak

Jan 11, 2016, 2:07:03 PM1/11/16
to SonarQube
Hi,

Thanks to Ann for her feedback. I added the requested links and modified the documentation accordingly.

I consider Ann's vote as a +1 and will proceed to release soon.

Best regards,

Michel