sonarcloud.io and open source plugins

Stefan Rinderle

Nov 8, 2017, 9:11:04 AM11/8/17
to SonarQube
Hey SonarQube team,

i am one of the SoftVis3d plugin developers and we currently have our own sonarqube instance to perform our analysis and to be able to show potential users how the plugin works. As you push forward the solution on sonarcloud.io, i wonder if it might be possible to install open source plugins on the sonarcloud.io instances? Our own SQ instance could then only be used for our dev tests and we could see the plugin work for all sorts of projects. Potential users could be redirected to sonarqube.io to see how the plugin works.

Maybe i missed some discussion about this or i did not read the documentation well, but i think this would be a great benefit for the users of sonarcloud.io and the developers of the open source plugins because they could be used by anyone using sonarcloud.io. What do you think about this? Any plans to do this?

Thanks in advance
Stefan

Fabrice Bellingard

Nov 10, 2017, 9:15:11 AM11/10/17
to Stefan Rinderle, SonarQube
Hi Stefan,

On SonarCloud, we currently restrict the list of plugins to our own plugins. The reason is very simple: because we operate this service and because the plugins are the same for every user, we must be able to have everything in hand at any point of time to fix any kind of problem which might arise. This is currently incompatible with having third-party plugins installed on the system.

We have currently no plan to allow third-party plugins in the very near future - but we might reconsider this a bit later.

Best regards,
Fabrice Bellingard | SonarSource
SonarQube & SonarCloud Product Manager
https://sonarsource.com