how to be involved in profile definitions ?

Gabriele Santini

Dec 1, 2015, 10:30:38 AM12/1/15
to SonarQube
Hi,
Once upon a time I was responsible for the PHP Sonar Way profile.
Is there a way to be involved again? Is there a way to propose a new profile to package with SonarQube?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Pierre-Yves Nicolas

Dec 1, 2015, 11:15:31 AM12/1/15
to Gabriele Santini, SonarQube
Hi Gabriele,

You can use this group to submit suggestions.
Pull requests are also a good way to propose changes.

Thanks!
Pierre-Yves

G. Ann Campbell

Gabriele Santini

Dec 1, 2015, 11:39:55 AM12/1/15
to SonarQube, gab.s...@gmail.com
Good question.

In fact (for a client I am working with) I am thinking about a generic profile with largest possible impact, excluding just controversial and non contradictory rules.
As I don't know the actual philosophy of the Sonar Way profile, I don't know if this possible inside it.
But I don think that this kind of profile could be interesting in general.

On Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 5:21:22 PM UTC+1, G. Ann Campbell wrote:
Just out of curiosity, Gabriele, are you wanting to change an existing profile or create a new one?

Ann

On Tuesday, 1 December 2015 11:15:31 UTC-5, Pierre-Yves Nicolas wrote:
Hi Gabriele,

You can use this group to submit suggestions.
Pull requests are also a good way to propose changes.

Thanks!
Pierre-Yves
On 1 December 2015 at 16:30, Gabriele Santini <gab.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
Once upon a time I was responsible for the PHP Sonar Way profile.
Is there a way to be involved again? Is there a way to propose a new profile to package with SonarQube?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Gabriele Santini

Dec 1, 2015, 11:41:13 AM12/1/15
to SonarQube
I do* think :)

G. Ann Campbell

Dec 1, 2015, 11:45:12 AM12/1/15
to Gabriele Santini, SonarQube
That's actually the philosophy of the Sonar Way profile. Do you have examples of rules not included in Sonar Way that should be?

---
G. Ann CAMPBELL | SonarSource
Product Owner