Sonarqube Postgres Database size keep on increasing doesn't respect projects deletion.

psain...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2018, 6:08:47 AM6/7/18
to SonarQube
Hi Team,

I am using Sonarqube version - 6.7.1.35068

Database details -

Database
PostgreSQL
Database Version
9.6.2
Driver
PostgreSQL JDBC Driver
Driver Version
42.1.4

I have deleted some projects in Sonarqube (using GUI) which had quite a lot of analysis ran in past on them.

I was expecting my database size to go down but it is still same.

How does it work? does it actually deletes the corresponding entries from the database on project deletion or simply mark them as deleted in the database but not actually delete the data.

Regards,
Pankaj Saini

Julien Lancelot

Jun 7, 2018, 8:39:15 AM6/7/18
to psain...@gmail.com, SonarQube
Hi,

When deleting projects, it's really deleting them with related data (analysis, measures, issues, etc.) from database.
And in order to really free space from Postgres DB after deletion of data, you should execute a vacuum on it.

Regards.

--
Important: this SonarQube Google Group will close on June 11th, 2018, in order to move to a new forum to power even more community discussions. See details in this post: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sonarqube/BbSZz-JnhVM/DavhMueEAAAJ
---

psain...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2018, 5:04:29 AM6/8/18
to SonarQube