Do you have a mapping between SonarQube defined rules and FB,PMD and checkstyle ones?

Stoyan Kanev

Mar 28, 2017, 6:02:10 AM3/28/17
to SonarQube
Hi guys,

We have a set of rules that contains 184 Java Findbugs, PMD and CheckStyle rules. 20 of those rules are deprecated so they can be migrated using the provided description text(mapping) easily. F.e.:
*************************

Avoid Instanceof Checks In Catch Clause

  • Code Smell
  •  Minor
  • Deprecated
  •  No tags
  • Available Since October 26, 2016
  • PMD (Java)
  • Constant/issue: 10min
This rule is deprecated, use S1193 instead.
  • Code Smell
  •  Major
  •  cert, clumsy, error-handling
  • Available Since October 19, 2016
  • SonarAnalyzer (Java)
  • Constant/issue: 10m
**************************

Is there an available documentation that contains information for the possible mapping PMD,FB,Checkstyle->SonarAnalyzer for not deprecated rules ?
Thanks for your help!

Best Regards,
Stoyan

G. Ann Campbell

Mar 28, 2017, 6:24:56 AM3/28/17
to SonarQube
Hi Stoyan

We don't have anything designed explicitly for public consumption, but there are these internal reports: PMD, Checkstyle, FindBugs.

Ann

Stoyan Kanev

Mar 28, 2017, 7:30:17 AM3/28/17
to SonarQube