Fail to get bootstrap index from server: Connection reset -> [Help 2]

alix....@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2017, 3:40:39 AM10/20/17
to SonarQube
Hi,

I'm attempting to configure the "SonarQube Gitlab" plugin (https://github.com/gabrie-allaigre/sonar-gitlab-plugin) for my Maven Git project but stumble on some issues.
The latest one being this:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.sonarsource.scanner.maven:sonar-maven-plugin:3.3.0.603:sonar (default-cli) on project root: Unable to execute SonarQube: Fail to get bootstrap index from server: Connection reset -> [Help 2]

Could this be a SonarQube configuration issue? I've already reported my problems at the gitlab project (https://github.com/gabrie-allaigre/sonar-gitlab-plugin/issues/74) and getting good help but there seems to be so many possible error causes that I try to gather as much information as possible from different sources to narrow down the most likely cause (Occam's razor).
Let me know if I should post any more information on this if someone wants to help.

Thanks

Scott B.

Oct 20, 2017, 6:14:12 AM10/20/17
to SonarQube
Hi.

Please run the analysis with verbose output (-X argument).

But the error message indicate that the machine is unable to access <sonar.host.url property>/batch/index.

G. Ann Campbell

Oct 20, 2017, 8:08:39 AM10/20/17
to SonarQube
Hi,

In addition to the excellent advice already offered, you should make sure you've done the initial Maven setup. By default, analysis will use http://localhost:9000. If you're not running a server on the analysis machine, that will of course fail. The alternative is to specify server location either globally, as a property in your pom file, or on the command line: -Dsonar.host.url=foo

Ann

alix....@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2017, 9:02:33 AM10/20/17
to SonarQube
Thank you Scott and Ann for your advice.
I actually got it to work when I added the -X flag argument (was not able to see the logs though because of https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-runner/issues/1024)
So whatever the problem is it seems to be network-related or similar as it has now worked once at least.
Will update this thread if I find something interesting....