Data dissapearing after upgrade from 4.5.6 to 5.6

nick.aposto...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2016, 5:46:52 AM6/22/16
to SonarQube
Hello everyone,

I have upgraded one of our systems from sonarqube 4.5.6 to 5.6 following the instructions found here: http://docs.sonarqube.org/display/SONAR/Upgrading

Everything went well, but after the finish of the upgrade, I cannot see any of my old project data, the quality gates etc.

This is unexpected and reading the documentation, i expected the upgrade to preserve the old data.

Is there something obvious I am missing here?

I have not executed any project analysis on this system yet.

Thank you

G. Ann Campbell

Jun 23, 2016, 10:10:18 AM6/23/16
to SonarQube
Hi Nick,

1) Are you sure you pointed the 5.6 instance to your old database? And if so, did you run the database upgrade?
2) Anything unusual in your server logs?

Ann

Nick Apostolakis

Jun 23, 2016, 11:04:23 AM6/23/16
to G. Ann Campbell, SonarQube
Hello Ann,

Yes, the 5.6 instance used the old database. If by database upgrade you mean going to the /setup page, i did that.
There were no errors.
I am a bit confused about this, and did not expect to lose the data. There is no harm done, since this dataset was not a production one, but this problem may reappear in the future when we upgrade our prod sonarqube service.
We are using postgresql for the database.
I take it that this is not the expected behavior and it should have preserved the data then?

Thank you

Simon Brandhof

Nick Apostolakis

Jun 28, 2016, 5:28:00 AM6/28/16
to SonarQube
Thank you Simon, I will attach the log of that day in this message.

I have trimmed the log and kept only the migration restart.

Everything seemed normal to me, and there were no errors

Please let me know what you think about it

Thanks
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to sonarqube+...@googlegroups.com.

sonar.2016-06-21.log

Simon Brandhof

Jun 30, 2016, 2:46:00 AM6/30/16
to Nick Apostolakis, SonarQube
Thanks.
No data have been lost as he upgrade has been executed on an empty database ! You should check the JDBC settings in order to be sure to connect to the expected schema (configured URL is jdbc:postgresql://localhost/sonar).

Regards

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SonarQube" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sonarqube/CAOo8h9OKXoKgUBrMi96Uahiq4NFPkjL30HrOQdTsEtCuygzbAQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Simon BRANDHOF | SonarSource
Tech Lead & Co-Founder
http://twitter.com/SimonBrandhof

Nick Apostolakis

Jun 30, 2016, 4:55:17 AM6/30/16
to SonarQube
Hello Simon,

The service that have been upgraded to sonarqube 5.6 was created by the restoration of a backup from our production service.
In order to find where the error was, i tried to replicate everything and found that there were some errors during the data restoration phase.
After i made sure that the data were restored properly i was able to complete the migration without any issues.
Thank you for the feedback and your time.

Simon Brandhof

Jun 30, 2016, 5:04:30 AM6/30/16
to Nick Apostolakis, SonarQube
Great news. Enjoy version 5.6!