SonarLint plugin not found anywhere after installation

jg.per...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2016, 4:14:10 PM2/24/16
to SonarQube
I am currently running Eclipse 3.8.2 with SonarLint 1.2.0. I have installed successfully but am not able to see any SonarLint functionality in my workspace. SonarLint category does not exist in Preferences and none of my projects have the ability to enable SonarLint. I have not found this issue anywhere else. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Julien HENRY

Feb 26, 2016, 10:18:11 AM2/26/16
to SonarQube, jg.per...@gmail.com
Hi,

Please join SonarLint user group for such question.

Very often this issue is caused by missing OSGI requirements that Eclipse doesn't report during installation. Check for example you are running Eclipse with JDK 7+.

++

Julien

vgm...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2016, 5:04:14 PM8/26/16
to SonarQube, jg.per...@gmail.com
After seeing Julien's comment, I was able to get the SonarLint plugin to show up in Eclipse Mars by editing my eclipse.ini to contain the following:

-vm
/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk.x86_64/bin/java
-vmargs
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.8

where /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk.x86_64/ is my $JAVA_HOME for Java 8. I do not know where to check any OSGI errors, but after making that change the plugin showed up. I used this page as a resource for editing the eclipse.ini: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse.ini