Minor Bamboo .NET Sonar Scanner Bugs

dan.ro...@gmail.com

Dec 21, 2017, 7:37:56 PM12/21/17
to SonarQube
We're beginning experimenting integrating SonarQube into our Bamboo CI process. Through this process, we've run into a couple of bugs that although not show stoppers, definitely took a bit of time to figure out what was going on and work around them.

  • The path handling for where SonarQube has been installed is a bit wonky. The dropdown to select where SonarQube is located in the begin/end .NET scanner tasks is filtered down to msbuild installs. This isn't very intuitive since SonarQube is certainly not msbuild. Related problem, the SonarQube tasks don't seem to register a dependency on the SonarQube being available for the agent. This can be manually setup of course with custom dependencies, but the whole point of tasks is to wrap up this sort of thing, otherwise we could just run the scanner from a script task.
  • For the end .NET scanner task, there is a checkbox to use a configured SonarQube server, but if you actually check the box and select a server it'll generate an invalid command line where the server name is included. Seems like the task should just not have this value configurable.
Other than those, so far we've been very impressed! SonarQube gobbled up our 1 million line codebase and gave us some interesting insights we think will help us a lot moving forward.

Thanks,
Dan

valeri....@sonarsource.com

Jan 2, 2018, 4:29:45 AM1/2/18
to SonarQube
Hi Dan,

Thank you for the kind words about SonarC# and SonarQube, we are doing our best to help the developers make better applications! If you have any feedback for the existing rules or ideas for new ones, please do not hesitate to write here, or directly in our GitHub repo:

Unfortunately the Bamboo CI plugin for Sonar Scanner is developed by a third party, not SonarSource and we cannot change it. I would strongly recommend giving this feedback through the Atlassian Marketplace.

Thanks and happy new year,
Valeri