FxCop not exclude issues in Designer files

api...@excentia.es

Sep 20, 2016, 10:12:20 AM9/20/16
to SonarQube
Hi,

I have problems with FxCop, because it is detecting issues in autogenerated code (Designer files) even though I exclude that code with the property sonar.exclusions. Moreover, I also seen in the log that FxCop is executed with /ignoregeneratedcode parameter but it seems that not exclude that code.

Could you help me to exclude that issues?

Regards

Freddy Mallet

Sep 26, 2016, 4:02:54 AM9/26/16
to api...@excentia.es, SonarQube
Hello,

Which version of the C# plugin are you using because in 5.2 we fixed some stuff relating to issue suppression mechanism: https://jira.sonarsource.com/browse/SONARCS-593 ?

Thanks
Freddy

Freddy MALLET | SonarSource
Product Director & Co-Founder
http://sonarsource.com

api...@excentia.es

Sep 26, 2016, 4:06:57 AM9/26/16
to SonarQube, api...@excentia.es
Hi Freddy,

We use SQ 5.3, C# 5.2, VB.Net 2.4. I compile with MSBuild 14 and FxCop 14

Regards

Anantha Madhava

Aug 7, 2017, 3:29:50 AM8/7/17
to SonarQube, api...@excentia.es
Hello Freddy,

Even we are facing the same issue. On SonarQube 5.6, C# plugin V5.3.1, the FxCop rules are not considering the sonar.exclusions.
Where as the same pattern for sonar.exclusions are being considered for C# rules other than FxCop rules.

I think this is because of the 'assembly level' violations that are caught by FxCop rules [the violations for which the exact line number is not pointed].

Please suggest how to get this working.

Cheers,
Anantha

G. Ann Campbell

Aug 7, 2017, 8:57:44 AM8/7/17
to SonarQube, api...@excentia.es
Hi Anantha,

Please don't excavate old threads. Open a new one instead.

Ann