[VOTE] Release SonarQube Scanner for Maven 3.0

Julien HENRY

Jan 8, 2016, 10:25:44 AM1/8/16
to SonarQube
Hi guys,

I would like to release the version 3.0 of the SonarQube Scanner for Maven (aka SonarQube Maven Plugin).

There are a few bug fixes but the main changes are:

  * update version of SQ Runner API to 2.5: this should provide many small improvements like better support of HTTPs
  * restored support of Maven 2 (but only Maven 2.2.1). Maven 2 users were still blocked on version 1.0. Note that we are STRONGLY advising to use a more recent Maven version. Next LTS of SonarQube will no more support Maven 2.
  * moved the project to SonarSource umbrella (was previously under CodeHaus/MojoHaus). It means plugin coordinates are now:

<plugin>
    <groupId>org.sonarsource.scanner.maven</groupId>
    <artifactId>sonar-maven-plugin</artifactId>
    <version>X.Y</version>
</plugin>

A relocation pom will be deployed at org.codehaus.mojo groupId after the final release to still support mvn sonar:sonar

Release notes:

How to test the release candidate:

1) In your settings.xml add the following profile:
  <profile>
    <id>sonarsource-bintray</id>
    <pluginRepositories>
      <pluginRepository>
        <id>sonarsource-bintray</id>
        <name>SonarSource Bintray</name>
        <releases>
          <enabled>true</enabled>
          <updatePolicy>always</updatePolicy>
          <checksumPolicy>warn</checksumPolicy>
        </releases>
        <url>https://sonarsource.bintray.com/SonarQube/</url>
      </pluginRepository>
    </pluginRepositories>
  </profile>

2) Run the analysis on your Maven project using command:
mvn org.sonarsource.scanner.maven:sonar-maven-plugin:3.0-RC1:sonar -Psonarsource-bintray

Documentation :

Vote is open to everybody for 72H

++

Julien

Julien HENRY

Jan 12, 2016, 4:15:03 AM1/12/16
to SonarQube
The vote has passed by lazy consensus. I'll continue with the release.

++

Julien