Sonarqube is slow with "sonar.web.dev" set to true

Daniel Mititelu

Mar 9, 2016, 10:00:35 AM3/9/16
to SonarQube
Hello,me and my team are working on a plugin for SonarQube to support the Fortran language.
We enabled "sonar.web.dev"  in sonar.properties so we can easily restart the SonarQube service,but the problem is that SonarQube becomes very slow and the memory usage increase with every action I make in the GUI until it runs out of memory at over 1700 MB (with "sonar.web.dev" set to false it consumes less than 400 MB).
Is it normal for SonarQube to be slow with the "sonar.web.dev" on?

Julien Lancelot

Mar 9, 2016, 10:12:24 AM3/9/16
to Daniel Mititelu, SonarQube
Hi,

Indeed, having a SonarQube instance running in DEV mode is not expected to be quick. It's expected to be able to see rails changes in real time without having to recompile sources.

Regards,

Julien LANCELOT | SonarSource