Error with MSBuild Runner since upgrade to SonarQube 6.6

Mael S.

Oct 31, 2017, 6:01:34 AM10/31/17
to SonarQube

Hi,

Since we upgraded our instance to 6.6, MSBuild Runner (3.0.2) fails to analyze our solution with the following error:

File xxx.cs can't be indexed twice. Please check that inclusion/exclusion patterns produce disjoint sets for main and test files.

At first, we encountered this specific case which has been resolved by upgrading the runner. We don't have any specific inclusion, sonar.sources is set to "." at the .sln location. I tried several things but there is nothing that looks like a real duplication.

Any idea ?

Thanks

duncan.po...@sonarsource.com

Nov 2, 2017, 8:50:46 AM11/2/17
to SonarQube
Hi Mael,

Just to be clear, could you confirm the versions of the SonarQube server and SonarC# plugin you are using? (from your other posting today I'm not sure if you are referring to the SonarC# 6.6 RC1 or SonarQube 6.6)

What is the name of the file that is causing the error, and also the name of the project that contains it?

Are you setting sonar.sources explicitly? I don't think that should be necessary for when running using the Scanner for MSBuild.

Thanks,
Duncan

Mael S.

Nov 3, 2017, 6:47:25 AM11/3/17
to SonarQube
Hi Duncan,

Indeed, removing the sonar.sources parameter did the trick.

We are using 6.6 non-RC.

Thanks