Review request: sonar-build-breaker for SQ 5.3

mjdet...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2016, 4:10:55 PM1/19/16
to SonarQube
Hello,

I am working on implementing the suggested workflow for breaking the build in SQ 5.3 (http://docs.sonarqube.org/display/SONAR/Breaking+the+CI+Build).  I figured there is no better place to do this than the Build Breaker Plugin since the plugin API provides the PostJob extension point.  I prototyped the functionality and things appear to be pretty smooth.

However, before I proceed with some additional refactoring, unit tests, etc. to finalize my pull request, I'd like some eyes on the implementation to make sure the approach is going to be maintainable for future releases.  Mostly, my concern is with the use of the "sonar-ws" library within the plugin.  I'm not looking for a strict code review yet.  If some of you SonarSource folks could give it a go that'd be great :)

Please let me know if I'm good to finalize or if you have suggestions.

Thanks,
Matthew DeTullio

Julien HENRY

Jan 20, 2016, 3:33:08 AM1/20/16
to SonarQube, mjdet...@gmail.com
Hi Matthew,

I'll comment on the P/R.

++

Julien

Fabrice Bellingard

Jan 29, 2016, 5:52:49 AM1/29/16
to mjdet...@gmail.com, SonarQube
Hi Matthew,

thanks for your contribution, it will be reviewed soon by one of the Platform Team guys (looks like Simon assigned the PR to himself a couple of minutes ago ;-)).

I just wanted to let you know that we'll soon be moving this project from the "SonarSource" GitHub organization to the "SonarQubeCommunity" one because SonarSource won't maintain this plugin. We believe that breaking the build should be a feature implemented in CI tools (i.e. where the build actually happens) and not in a SQ plugin. BTW, we'll soon add this feature in the SQ Scanner for Jenkins (= Jenkins plugin).
=> All this to say that once the move is done, we can grant you access to this repo so that you become the official maintainer of the plugin. Is that OK on your side Matthew?

Best regards,

Fabrice BELLINGARD | SonarSource
SonarQube Platform Product Manager
http://sonarsource.com

Matthew DeTullio

Jan 29, 2016, 8:45:21 AM1/29/16
to Fabrice Bellingard, SonarQube

Sure, you can add me to the repo as a contributor.