Javascript parse error

api...@excentia.es

Jul 5, 2016, 3:04:26 AM7/5/16
to SonarQube
Hi,

We have a parse error with Javascript when SonarQube try parse a for each.

ERROR: Parse error at line 84 column 8:

84:    for each(var column in columnOrder)
           ^
85:    {

We use:
  • SQ 5.4
  • Javascript 2.13
  • SonarQube Scanner 2.6.1
Could you help us?

Regards

Scott B.

Jul 5, 2016, 8:47:22 AM7/5/16
to SonarQube
Hi.

This isn't even valid Javascript syntax, AFAIK.

I think your code should be: for (var column in columnOrder)

api...@excentia.es

Jul 6, 2016, 4:39:28 AM7/6/16
to SonarQube
Hi Scott,

We develop with Servoy8, and we can use that sentence (for each) in our code, but SonarQube not recognize that sentence when analyze my correct Javascript

Regards

Pierre-Yves Nicolas

Jul 6, 2016, 4:54:01 AM7/6/16
to Alejandro Piera Ferrer, SonarQube
Hi Alejandro,

The JavaScript plugin aims to support ES5/ES2015
It seems that the syntax you are mentioning is obsolete and we don't plan to support it.

Thanks for your understanding.

Pierre-Yves

api...@excentia.es

Jul 6, 2016, 5:45:42 AM7/6/16
to SonarQube, api...@excentia.es

Thanks Pierre, we try to change our sentences to use for instead of foreach