Unable to import issues detected on png files using the Android plugin

gaelp...@yahoo.fr

May 10, 2016, 6:55:42 AM5/10/16
to SonarQube
Hi all,

I am using the Android plugin to import the result of the Android Lint analysis. It is working great so far, but there is a limitation that I cannot remove.

When I run the analysis I got these kind of warnings:

Unable to find file res/drawable-sw720dp/cancel_pop.png to report issue

I think that the problem comes from the fact the the "location file" of the issue is a .png which is not referenced by sonar, as sonar only references .jave and .xml files. I have the same problem with some .class files. Is it a limitation of the sonar, or is there a way to bypass the "location file" so that the issue is created without a source file?

I am using sonarQube 4.5.6.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/sonarqube/Android/sonarqube/qyFuDkzMJ8o/WBFxW_6idfYJ

Nicolas Peru

May 11, 2016, 5:46:24 AM5/11/16
to gaelp...@yahoo.fr, SonarQube
Hi,

You are right in saying that the issue comes from the fact that SQ does not index the binary files, as I stated here : https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!msg/sonarqube/m4GKicTpGs8/Sxs9dZowBQAJ

There is a way to enable indexing of all files (if someone from SonarQube platform dev team can precise this, that would be great) in sonarqube, but I dunno how this will react in UI for binaries.

Cheers,

Nicolas PERU | SonarSource
Senior Developer
http://sonarsource.com

Nicolas Peru

May 11, 2016, 5:51:08 AM5/11/16
to gaelp...@yahoo.fr, SonarQube
Hi,
So to enable indexing of all files you can use this :  http://docs.sonarqube.org/display/SONAR/Analyzing+Source+Code#AnalyzingSourceCode-Unrecognizedfiles but please note that this won't be available for LTS but only from SQ 5.1

HTH,
Cheers,

gaelp...@yahoo.fr

May 11, 2016, 8:23:40 AM5/11/16
to SonarQube, gaelp...@yahoo.fr
Hi Nicolas,

Ok, I will try to index binary files when we update SonarQube to 5.x.

Thank you for your prompt answer and a big thank you for the team for this beautiful product.