XML rules from Java plugin or from web interface

margar...@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2016, 10:09:07 AM11/1/16
to SonarQube
Hello all,

Currently in my company we develop ADF projects.
For these we analyze .java files through Java plugin.
We are expanding the ruleset with custom java rules.
We also want to write some rules for the .jspx and .jsff files (basically .XML).
Should I write xml rules through Java plugin using XPath or write XPath rules directly through the SonarQube web interface?
Is there any other solution that you can provide to me?

Thanks in advance & Best Regards,

Manos

Pierre-Yves Nicolas

Nov 2, 2016, 4:52:13 AM11/2/16
to margar...@gmail.com, SonarQube
Hi Manos,

The Java plugin does not support custom rules written with XPath and does not support custom rules for XML files.
You should rely on the XML plugin and create custom rules using the XPath rule template through the SonarQube web interface.

Pierre-Yves

margar...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2016, 6:51:29 AM11/3/16
to SonarQube, margar...@gmail.com
Hello Pierre-Yves,

Thank you a lot for your quick and clear response, it was very helpful.

Best Regards,

Manos