[5.1.2] All user permissions removed after login.

Rik van den Berg

Nov 16, 2015, 4:53:38 AM11/16/15
to SonarQube
Hi all,

We have run into a strange situation. We are currently running the following setup.

SonarQube: 5.1.2
LDAP: 1.4
 - All confidential settings are encrypted with aes and the sonarqube secret.
 - We ldap configured for two domains.
 - We have configured some stuff for groups.

We have recently enabled HTTPS in our production environment and now when users login in, all permissions seems to be disappearing. To me this seems to be a bit of strange of cause for the problem.
Do you know any particular case where user permissions are reset after a login?

Adding the user permissions to the user again and logging in again still gives the same problem. It just deleted all permissions.

Attached is a screenshot to show what happens.

Kinds Regards,

Rik van den Berg
sonarqube-user-permissions.png

Jan Sandquist

Nov 17, 2015, 3:02:37 PM11/17/15
to SonarQube

Rik van den Berg

Nov 19, 2015, 4:31:17 AM11/19/15
to SonarQube
Hi Jan,

Thanks for your suggestion. It might be highly related. We did have group configuration but I'm assuming we are missing some sort of extra configuration in terms of groups like the answer from Fabian suggests. For now we have removed our group configuration and will look into it on our test environment where we are upgrading to SonarQube 5.2 and 1.5 of the LDAP plugin.

This issue is resolved.

Kind Regards,

Rik

jam...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2017, 6:50:02 AM1/10/17
to SonarQube
I see similar issue with my installation. I am using Sonarqube5.2. Does anyone know if this issue is fixed in later versions?

G. Ann Campbell

Jan 10, 2017, 9:04:00 AM1/10/17
to SonarQube, jam...@gmail.com
Hi,

First the standard courtesies are appreciated in this group.

Second, what in the posted SO link did not work for you?

Third, 5.6 is the latest LTS. You're going to have a hard time getting help/support for anything older than that.

Ann