Issue backdating should also apply after removing an exclusion

Dominik Kaspar

May 22, 2018, 5:59:21 AM5/22/18
to SonarQube
Hi,

In our SonarQube 6.7.3, we have a global exclusion configured (Ignore Issues on Files - sonar.issue.ignore.allfile) to ignore issues in all files containing the expression "WARNING: THIS FILE IS GENERATED - DO NOT EDIT"

In one of projects, a file mistakenly contained this header for a long time (last commit 04 Dec 2017).
Four days ago, somebody noticed this and removed the "this is generated" comment in the header.
And now we see new issues popping up on lines that were committed years ago, even though our leak period is just 30 days.

See the screenshot below... Sonar knew about the file for years and it can look at the SCM blame info. There's no reason to mark this issue as new.
In my opinion, the 'issue backdating' feature should still apply for issues that are newly introduced due to the removal of an exclusion.

Regards,
Dominik

G. Ann Campbell

May 22, 2018, 1:33:41 PM5/22/18