How to track project activity

eduardo....@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2016, 11:33:35 AM6/30/16
to SonarQube
Hi all,

Sonar provides the size of the project in LOCs and a history chart that shows how it evolved. We usually see there a line that goes up.

We would like to know the amount of work done in a project. This is not knowing the whole size of the project but how many lines were added/changed/removed.

Ideally the graph will show a line with the activity so that line will go up when the project is being changed (wheter it is growing or shrinking!) and down where people is working on something else.

In order to have an idea you can have a look at SVNStats:

Openhub shows something similar (but with commits, not with LOCs)

Probably Github is the best sample. See the graphs that show the activity, not the size:

We can probably get that out of our repository (SVN in our case) but... do you know if Sonar can provide that information?