SonarQube Delta Analysis with 6.6

haris...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2017, 4:16:27 PM12/11/17
to SonarQube
Hi,

I have analysed my java project with 1.78.2 as a base version and then i ran 1.78.3 version, i see the new issues with leak period of previous version.

Then i click on New issues it provides list of all files and new issues in that file as follows

When i open the following file in New issues, it shows all the issues, is there any option to show only the new issues which introduced in new analysis.

Can you please help me with this?

I am using
Sonarqube 6.6
jdk 1.8
mvn 3
CI (Bamboo 6.2.2)

Thanks,
Harry.

G. Ann Campbell

Dec 12, 2017, 3:43:42 AM12/12/17
to SonarQube
Hi Harry,

At the project level, the Creation Date facet should have a 'Leak Period' selector. This isn't going to narrow on an analysis-by-analysis basis, but should show you just 'new' issues.

Ann

haris...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2017, 9:46:08 AM12/12/17
to SonarQube
Hi Ann,

Thanks for quick response.
It is showing new issues, but when i open a file with a issue count 8, In that file i see previous version (i.e. not associated in this leak period) issues too.

Thanks,
Harry

G. Ann Campbell

Dec 12, 2017, 1:08:00 PM12/12/17
to haris...@gmail.com, SonarQube
Hi Harry,

How about some screenshots?

Ann

haris...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2017, 1:50:16 PM12/12/17
to SonarQube

Hi Ann,

Sure,

Please refer the following picture,

I have filtered through creation date or leak period , but still i don't see only new issues, please see the attached screen shot

Please let me know, did i miss any step to achieve what i am expecting

Thanks,
Harry.

G. Ann Campbell

Dec 13, 2017, 4:44:07 AM12/13/17
to Harish Harinarthini, SonarQube
Hi Harry,

Let me know if I've misinterpreted anything, but here's what I think is going on:

From your first screenshot it looks like you're trying to get at New Issues in a file through the Measures page. As you've realized, that's not going to work. The code viewer always includes all issues, regardless of context, and the measure value tells you how many of them are new.

You've also tried to get to this via the issues page, and what your screenshot there shows that all issues are in the leak period. That's what the first 2 parts of that composite screenshot show. The 3rd part of that composite seems to again come from the Measures page which, again, is going to show you the count of new issues, but not narrow the display (although we've just established that all your issues are in the leak period so even if there were filtering, all issues would still be shown).

Now... let's get to how to do what you want. For issues, always stick to the issues page. Yes, some issue-related metrics are available in the Measures page, and if you want to see distributions across files this is useful. But if you want to see issues then use the issues page. For this you would filter by:

Creation date, and then use the File facet to further narrow your result set. Unfortunately, there's no input in this facet to allow you to select a specific file that's not already in the list. I think that's an oversight, and if we don't already have a ticket in the backlog for it, I'll create one.

Ann

---
G. Ann Campbell | SonarSource
Product Manager
@GAnnCampbell

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sonarqube/2531dc1a-4308-47c7-9d3c-6a33ca81c215%40googlegroups.com.

G. Ann Campbell

Dec 13, 2017, 7:21:24 AM12/13/17
to SonarQube
And for the record, here's that ticket: https://jira.sonarsource.com/browse/SONAR-9369

Ann

haris...@gmail.com

Dec 13, 2017, 10:22:36 AM12/13/17
to SonarQube
Hi Ann,

Thanks for the Info, May be i didn't convey my issue properly i guess.

When i have finished my analysis for my project it shows new issue with respect to leak period as follows

Then when i want to see only these 4 new bugs with the leak period, but i am seeing all bugs

This time Iam in issues page and i have a filter with leak period.

Please ignore if i misinterpreted your answer, sorry in Advance.

Thanks,
Harry.

G. Ann Campbell

Dec 14, 2017, 4:17:38 AM12/14/17
to Harish Harinarthini, SonarQube
Hi Harry,

It's possible you have a corrupted Elasticsearch index. To address that, you'd stop the server, delete $SONARQUBE_HOME/data/es, and restart the server.

It that doesn't help, please send me a screenshot of your issues page with the date facet expanded.

Ann

---
G. Ann Campbell | SonarSource
Product Manager
@GAnnCampbell

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sonarqube/c0416924-a8f5-4864-889e-5b572cf7525e%40googlegroups.com.

haris...@gmail.com

Dec 14, 2017, 10:42:21 AM12/14/17
to SonarQube
Hi Ann,

I have stopped sonarqube and removed es5 directory ( i have renamed it as bkup_es5) in Sonarqube/data/ and then started sonarqube,

this time when i go to creatin date facet i am getting like "An error has occured please contact to administrator as follows

can you please help me on this,

Thanks,
Harry.

G. Ann Campbell

Dec 15, 2017, 12:55:00 PM12/15/17
to Harish Harinarthini, SonarQube
Hi Harry,

Either I missed the fact that you're on 6.7 or just assumed you weren't. Either way you should probably restore the directory.

Beyond that, I don't know what to tell you. You've done 2 analyses so far? Does the behavior normalize after a 3rd?

Ann

---
G. Ann Campbell | SonarSource
Product Manager