Some pages are not loading in Sonarqube 5.6.6

kshet...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2017, 7:31:56 AM9/15/17
to SonarQube

Suddenly I'm experiencing a huge problem in my Sonar. I cannot access some of the main pages under my projects.

For example, once I click on the project,

  • home page not loading
  • Measures page not loading
  • Code page loading but once I click on any class, it's not opening and after a while, giving an error saying "Request cannot be processed. Try again later."
  • List item

But if I do any analysis from Sonar-runner it's executing successfully. I don't see any other issues excepts things I pointed above.

I have taken following actions to rectify the issue but still no luck.

  • Enabled debug logs to see any errors - cannot see any
  • Did MySQL optimizations - still no luck
  • Increased Sonar java heap size
  • Installed another Sonarqube instance on another CentOS 7.4 fresh server and restored DB dump from old one. - still, the issue is same
  • Finally, I have upgraded the new instance to Sonar 6.5. -but nothing changed and my issues still there.

Appreciate if somebody guides me to fix this issue. Since I cannot go for a fresh installation because I need all my History data.

Thank you.

G. Ann Campbell

Sep 15, 2017, 7:40:22 AM9/15/17
to SonarQube
Hi,

Do you see any errors in your browser's console? Also, you said in the comments of your SO question that you don't see a "web.log" in your server's logs directory. That seems very odd to me, especially under 6.5. Do you see any errors in any of the server logs?

Ann

Krishan Srimal

Sep 15, 2017, 11:50:44 AM9/15/17
to G. Ann Campbell, SonarQube
Thanks Ann for your reply.

Can you check attached logs? because I don't see any misbehavior.

sonar_no-debug.zip

Simon Brandhof

Sep 15, 2017, 12:02:53 PM9/15/17
to Krishan Srimal, G. Ann Campbell, SonarQube
Hi Krishan,

The message is generated by the Javascript application and server logs do not contain errors, so I guess that refreshing browser cache could help. An old incompatible version of the app was probably badly invalidated.

My 2 cents

Simon Brandhof | SonarSource

Co-Founder & Tech Lead

@SimonBrandhof

http://sonarsource.com

Krishan Srimal

Sep 15, 2017, 1:15:56 PM9/15/17
to Simon Brandhof, G. Ann Campbell, SonarQube
Thanks Simon,

I tried this and tried from different browsers. but the issue is till same :(

My 2 cents

Simon Brandhof

Sep 15, 2017, 2:03:08 PM9/15/17
to Krishan Srimal, G. Ann Campbell, SonarQube
Ok. Any JS errors in browser console ?

My 2 cents

Simon Brandhof | SonarSource

Co-Founder & Tech Lead

@SimonBrandhof

http://sonarsource.com

Krishan Srimal

Sep 15, 2017, 2:22:28 PM9/15/17
to Simon Brandhof, G. Ann Campbell, SonarQube
Oh I can see this.

Please note, this is from my Sonar 5.6 instance. which is having the same issue.
Please see the attached logs which has enabled TRACE logs.

On Fri, 15 Sep 2017 at 19:15 Krishan Srimal <kshet...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Simon,

I tried this and tried from different browsers. but the issue is till same :(
My 2 cents

Simon Brandhof | SonarSource

Co-Founder & Tech Lead

@SimonBrandhof

http://sonarsource.com

Sonar.PNG
sonar_no-debug.zip

Krishan Srimal

Simon Brandhof

roshan ross

Sep 15, 2017, 4:41:14 PM9/15/17
to SonarQube
Did you setup reverse proxy recently? I have similar issues when i configured reverse proxy...

Krishan Srimal

Sep 15, 2017, 4:54:05 PM9/15/17
to roshan ross, SonarQube
No I dont have any proxy. It's just a direct connection to my sonar on port 80.

Message has been deleted

kshet...@gmail.com

Sep 20, 2017, 6:21:45 AM9/20/17
to SonarQube
I could fixed this issue. I assumed this is something issue with the network response due to packet filtering or something else.

First I installed sonar in my local machine and then tried to execute Sonar-Runner analysis and then checked and it worked well.

Then I have realized this is something related to my remote network. therefore I have installed the Sonar in different location (Data center) and its also working.

Thanks to everyone for the guidance and I leave this post here so anyone can read later if they have the same issue.