Can we upgrade to java 8 with jenkins 1.6.xx

aalokg...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2018, 8:25:00 PM4/10/18
to SonarQube

I actually don't want to upgrade Jenkins. It is recommended to use java 8 with Jenkins 2.5.xx

Still I want to know if someone has done the other way around? Keep Jenkins version same, i.e. 1.6.XX and upgrade the java to 8.

G. Ann Campbell

Apr 11, 2018, 8:41:14 AM4/11/18
to SonarQube
Hi,

This is the wrong forum for this Jenkins-specific question. Please seek out the Jenkins community instead.

Ann
Message has been deleted

Mark Lübbehüsen

Apr 12, 2018, 6:02:44 AM4/12/18
to SonarQube
Hi,

you can ugrade to Java8 to use the latest version. After this you can install in the tool configuration of jenkins other jdks like jdk1.7 and 1.6.

In the job configuration you can choose the jdk´s. its not possible to use Jenkins 1.6.xx with java8

Mark