Getting code coverage on new code using Perforce SCM

gunjan...@gmail.com

Mar 16, 2018, 9:01:22 AM3/16/18
to SonarQube
Hi,
I am working on a Java project. Sonarqube version: 7.0 I tried to get the code coverage on new code using Perforce SCM. It works. I want to know if it is possible to get the same if I just check-out the files for making changes and do not submit.
Thank you

G. Ann Campbell

Mar 16, 2018, 3:57:47 PM3/16/18
to SonarQube
Hi,

Is it possible? Yes.

Is it advisable? No.

Unless you're talking about a localhost instance of SonarQube (why?) then what you're describing is a scenario where you update the global perspective on your project's quality to reflect code changes that

* no one else can see or is even aware of
* you may or may not ever actually check in

I suspect you're after the legendary "pre-commit analysis". For that we have SonarLint, which will raise issues as you type in your favorite IDE.

HTH,
Ann

f201...@pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in

Mar 18, 2018, 1:32:02 PM3/18/18
to SonarQube
Hi Ann,
Thank you for the answer. Yes, it is somewhat related to pre-commit analysis. I'll try SonarLint once.