Minimum characters for sonarqube account

ocra...@gmail.com

May 12, 2017, 6:17:35 AM5/12/17
to SonarQube
Hi,
we recently updated our sonarqube instance to the latest LTS (5.6.6) and are planning to use SCM Support and E-Mail Notifications for a much lager userbase than before.
I tried to create new Users via the GUI and the Web API and there is a minimum of 3 characters for the login name.
(Web API gives me a Response Code 400)
Strangely the "Sign up" can be used with shorter logins without a problem.

We use a two character "short name" for our Windows and SCM accounts and it would be really ugly to use a different name for the sonarqube accounts.

Is there a possibility to create users with a two character login?
What is the reason for the restriction?
We had no problems with the length in the last version.

Thanks
Marco

Julien Lancelot

May 15, 2017, 8:18:40 AM5/15/17
to ocra...@gmail.com, SonarQube
Hi Marco,

Since 6.1, it's indeed possible to create a user login with 2 characters : https://jira.sonarsource.com/browse/SONAR-8031.
You'll need to upgrade to this version in order to be able to use this feature.

Regards,

Julien Lancelot | SonarSource

ocra...@gmail.com

May 18, 2017, 4:35:14 AM5/18/17
to SonarQube, ocra...@gmail.com
Hi Julien,
thanks for your answer.
That is good to hear.
We will switch to version 6 when the LTS branch is created.

I have one quick follow up question regarding authentication via Ldap.
User that are not in the sonarqube DB are automatically created if they login via Ldap right?
What happens if the user has a two character login name?

Thanks
Marco

Julien Lancelot

May 18, 2017, 4:50:36 AM5/18/17
to ocra...@gmail.com, SonarQube
Hi Marco,

On Thu, 18 May 2017 at 10:35 <ocra...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Julien,
thanks for your answer.
That is good to hear.
We will switch to version 6 when the LTS branch is created.

Ok

I have one quick follow up question regarding authentication via Ldap.
User that are not in the sonarqube DB are automatically created if they login via Ldap right?

Yes

What happens if the user has a two character login name?

Since 6.1, the user will be created in database with 2 character login name.

Regards