How to see all issues when sonar.github.disableInlineComments is set to true?

dboc...@redhat.com

Mar 15, 2017, 12:38:55 PM3/15/17
to SonarQube
When i set sonar.github.disableInlineComments=true inline comments are disabled and only top 10 issues are listed in the summary comment. Is it possible to look at all of issues?

My maven goals:
clean
verify
sonar:sonar
-Dsonar.host.url=https://sonarqube.com
-Dsonar.login=<sonar.login>
-Dsonar.github.oauth=<sonar.github.oauth>
-Dsonar.github.repository=jbosstools/jbosstools-openshift
-Dsonar.github.pullRequest=${ghprbPullId}
-Dsonar.analysis.mode=preview
-Dsonar.github.disableInlineComments=true
-U

Example of a summary comment with only top 10 issues, when actually there 40 of them: https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-openshift/pull/1446#issuecomment-286522900

Julien HENRY

Mar 15, 2017, 1:08:05 PM3/15/17
to SonarQube, dboc...@redhat.com
Hi,

No that's no possible. GitHub API is limited in many places regarding size of comments. That's why we are truncating global comment to 10. Simply fix the reported issues, and update your P/R and you'll see other issues.

Also, can you tell why you are disabling inline comments?

++

Julien

dboc...@redhat.com

Mar 15, 2017, 3:37:10 PM3/15/17
to SonarQube, dboc...@redhat.com
Hi, Julien!
Thank you for your reply!
Yes, the solution is obvious, fix them 10 by 10 =)

Regarding your question. We disabled inline comments, because in result it was spamming a lot. Every comment - one more email. Our project is very big and exists for very long time, but we've started to use Sonar only recently. So imagine the number of reported issues we have! When one of the member creates/updates the PR you receive tons of emails

Thanks again!
Dmitrii

dboc...@redhat.com

Mar 15, 2017, 7:55:15 PM3/15/17
to SonarQube, dboc...@redhat.com
Julien, and one more question. Is it possible to configure it somehow to use recent feature of github for reviews? When you personally want to review a PR, you click "start review", write all you comments, then "finish review" or "ask for changes". After only one email is created which aggregates everything inside. This would actually solve our problem with tons of notifications + we'd have inline comments with all issues commented out.

Julien HENRY

Mar 17, 2017, 11:39:49 AM3/17/17
to SonarQube, dboc...@redhat.com
I already had this idea, but we didn't start working on it. You can follow/vote for:

++

dboc...@redhat.com

Mar 17, 2017, 12:31:10 PM3/17/17
to SonarQube, dboc...@redhat.com