Display multiple fields in Measure

Gavin Killough

Sep 5, 2017, 3:25:06 PM9/5/17
to SonarQube
I would like to display multiple fields per file in a Measure view, but I cannot seem to deconstruct the way it is done in other plugins such as Coverage:
How do do this?

Also, there is no clear documentation on how, in the domain view, how to display main domain measures (the ones that show up on the left):

This is what my domain currently looks like:
Any insight or advice would be appreciated.
Message has been deleted

Gavin Killough

Sep 5, 2017, 3:26:25 PM9/5/17
to SonarQube
FYI this is SonarQube 6.5

G. Ann Campbell

Sep 6, 2017, 9:13:33 AM9/6/17
to SonarQube
Hi,

The bad news is that you're not going to be able to do that manually. The good new is that the Measures space has been reworked in 6.6. Hopefully it shows what you're looking for: https://next.sonarqube.com/sonarqube/component_measures?id=org.sonarsource.sonarqube%3Asonarqube&metric=new_coverage

Ann

On Tuesday, 5 September 2017 15:26:25 UTC-4, Gavin Killough wrote:
FYI this is SonarQube 6.5

G. Ann Campbell

Sep 6, 2017, 9:16:17 AM9/6/17
to SonarQube
Also, please don't cross-post here and on StackOverflow. I see the 17-hour gap between postings, but it's really unreasonable to expect an answer here in less than a day, or even - depending on topic/target audience - less than up to a week.

Ann

Gavin Killough

Sep 6, 2017, 9:21:50 AM9/6/17
to SonarQube
Hi Ann,

Thank you for your response. Is this only a UI change or will there be an accompanying API change as well? It seems to me that everything my plugin needs to do can be accomplished through Measures, but I would welcome anything that makes them more customizable.

Gavin

G. Ann Campbell

Sep 6, 2017, 9:23:06 AM9/6/17
to Gavin Killough, SonarQube
Hi Gavin,

Just a UI change.

Could you share the use case for your plugin?

Ann

---
G. Ann Campbell | SonarSource
Product Manager
@GAnnCampbell

Gavin Killough

Sep 6, 2017, 9:26:36 AM9/6/17
to SonarQube
My apologies for posting in both places. I realized after posting this that Stack Overflow seemed more appropriate for the nature of my question.

Gavin Killough

Sep 6, 2017, 9:43:47 AM9/6/17
to SonarQube, gavin.k...@gmail.com
Hi Ann,

The use case for my plugin is displaying three different levels of security vulnerabilities together: high, medium, and low. There can be any number of each per file, and for the end users of this plugin, a rating doesn't accomplish this. These fields are usually displayed as a unit in other plugins, making it unfamiliar to the end user.

Gavin

On Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 9:13:33 AM UTC-4, G. Ann Campbell wrote:
Hi,

The bad news is that you're not going to be able to do that manually. The good new is that the Measures space has been reworked in 6.6. Hopefully it shows what you're looking for: https://next.sonarqube.com/sonarqube/component_measures?id=org.sonarsource.sonarqube%3Asonarqube&metric=new_coverage

Ann

On Tuesday, 5 September 2017 15:26:25 UTC-4, Gavin Killough wrote:
FYI this is SonarQube 6.5

G. Ann Campbell

Sep 6, 2017, 10:00:41 AM9/6/17
to Gavin Killough, SonarQube
Hi Gavin,

Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately, Measures is not extensible.

Ann

---
G. Ann Campbell | SonarSource
Product Manager