Analysis failing with error “No FxCop analysis has been performed on this project, whereas it contains cs files”

sandeep manthri

Dec 12, 2017, 3:57:45 AM12/12/17
to SonarQube

After upgrading to SonarQube 6.7 LTS, many of our projects started failing during "complete SonarQube analysis" task with below error:

[error]java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No FxCop analysis has been performed on this project, whereas it contains cs files: Verify that you are using the latest version of the SonarQube Scanner for MSBuild, and if you do, please report a bug. In the short term, you can disable all FxCop rules from your quality profile to get rid of this error.

These projects have codeanalysis enabled and produce proper fxcop results.

SonarQube version: 6.7 LTS SonarC# plugin version: 6.6 SonarQube MSBuild Runner: 4.0

Can someone let me know if this is known or any way to find the actual cause of the issue.

I've posted the same issue on StackOverflow.com too but didn't get any response yet, so reposting here.

duncan.po...@sonarsource.com

Dec 13, 2017, 8:26:43 AM12/13/17
to SonarQube
Hi Sandeep,