SonarLint classpath errorhandling

Daniel G.

Sep 16, 2016, 3:31:32 AM9/16/16
to SonarQube
Hi,

i'm evaluating the SonarLint Plugin for Eclipse Neon. So far it's been realy nice even though i m not able to upgrade to SonarQube 5.6 atm, so i can not download the quality profile and whatever else may be possible then.

But there's one thing that bothers me right now, the handling of classpath errors.
We have a bit special setup in our projects here so we sometimes need to adress war archives in our MANIFEST.MF files. SonarLint obviously does not like this and opens up a error console every time it trys to analyse the classpath:

Configured Java source version (sonar.java.source): 6
JavaClasspath initialization
JavaClasspath initialization (done) | time=11ms
JavaTestClasspath initialization
Invalid value for sonar.java.test.libraries
Error during analysis
java.lang.IllegalStateException: No files nor directories matching '...\MyEAR\SomeWarInTheManifestMf.war'
at org.sonar.java.AbstractJavaClasspath.getFilesFromProperty(AbstractJavaClasspath.java:90)
at org.sonar.java.JavaTestClasspath.init(JavaTestClasspath.java:48)
at org.sonar.java.AbstractJavaClasspath.getElements(AbstractJavaClasspath.java:258)

At first the error console is very anoying as i need the "production" console most of the time when coding.
The second problem is that the Linting process seems to be canceled to as i dont get any Issues in the files where this happens.

A more generous aproach in handling classpath inconsistencies would be very welcome and a option to supress the focus of the SonarLint console if some problem is logged.

kind regards
Daniel

Nicolas Peru

Sep 16, 2016, 4:27:48 AM9/16/16
to Daniel G., SonarQube
Hi Daniel,

This is a bug introduced in version 4.2 of the java plugin and that is already solved in the upcoming version 4.3 of the plugin : https://jira.sonarsource.com/browse/SONARJAVA-1831
It impacts SonarLint but this error is happening in the java plugin.

Cheers,

Nicolas PERU | SonarSource
Senior Developer
http://sonarsource.com

Daniel G.

Sep 19, 2016, 8:52:39 AM9/19/16
to SonarQube
Hi Nicolas,

thank you for the fast response. Looking forward for the fix.

bye
Daniel