Hopp til første uleste melding

Danilo Reinert

ulest,
8. feb. 2014, 09:42:0208.02.2014
til sonarqube-in...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone.

I'm interested in starting using Sonar, but as an IDEA enthusiastic, I want to keep things on IDE.

AFAIU this is a community plugin, not officially supported by SonarSource right?

So, how is the status of this plugin development?

Will it be continued or not?

--
D. Reinert

Alexander Heusingfeld

ulest,
10. feb. 2014, 09:37:3910.02.2014
til sonarqube-in...@googlegroups.com
Hi Danilo,

sorry for the belated response.

> AFAIU this is a community plugin, not officially supported by SonarSource right?

You are right this is the an IntelliJ plugin for SonarQube which totally driven by the effort of the community. Up until recently SonarSource had nothing to offer for users of IntelliJ IDEA and its derivates like WebStorm or PHPStorm. Therefore this plugin has been the only option for those users for ~1.5 years now.

As you can see in [1] ~3 months ago SonarSource decided to start the development of an own plugin for IntelliJ IDEA. But as they have (or may somewhen have) a different roadmap, they don’t want to join the development of this plugin but go their own ways.

> So, how is the status of this plugin development?
> Will it be continued or not?

This plugin is actively developed but as all of us have day jobs and also a few other projects, we can only work on it in our spare time. Therefore the development speed is somewhat slower than a company backed plugin with full-time developers. Nevertheless this plugin still has multiple unique selling points which are
- support for other IntelliJ derivates
- support for other languages than Java

As you can see in our issue list [2] we still have plans for the plugin and are always looking for contributions.

I hope my answers are satisfying you. If not, please let me know.

Best regards
Alex Heusingfeld

[1] https://github.com/sonar-intellij-plugin/sonar-intellij-plugin/issues/7#issuecomment-28684043
[2] https://github.com/sonar-intellij-plugin/sonar-intellij-plugin/issues

Danilo Reinert

ulest,
10. feb. 2014, 09:37:4910.02.2014
til Alexander Heusingfeld, sonarqube-in...@googlegroups.com
Clear enough Alexander. Thank you.

--
D. Reinert

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 11:30 AM, Alexander Heusingfeld <al...@goldstift.de> wrote:
Hi Danilo,

sorry for the belated response.
> AFAIU this is a community plugin, not officially supported by SonarSource right?

You are right this is the an IntelliJ plugin for SonarQube which totally driven by the effort of the community. Up until recently SonarSource had nothing to offer for users of IntelliJ IDEA and its derivates like WebStorm or PHPStorm. Therefore this plugin has been the only option for those users for ~1.5 years now.

As you can see in [1] a few weeks ago SonarSource decided to start the development of an own plugin for IntelliJ IDEA. But as they have (or may have) a different roadmap, they don’t want to join the development of this plugin but go their own ways.

> So, how is the status of this plugin development?
> Will it be continued or not?

Svar alle
Svar til forfatter
Videresend