Recent update of SonarLint for IntelliJ breaks anonymous server binding

jakub.k...@gmail.com

Jul 5, 2017, 1:02:38 PM7/5/17
to SonarLint
Hey,

I updated the IntelliJ plugin to recently released version 3.0.0.2041, but I cannot integrate with the server now. The server is not enforcing users to provide username/password or token and in previous versions we were just able to leave the token field blank.

Now the UI enforces token to be entered.

Would it be possible to provide another Authentication type which would be "Anonymous"?

Thank you,

J.

Duarte Meneses

Jul 6, 2017, 7:01:31 AM7/6/17
to jakub.k...@gmail.com, SonarLint
Hi,

Yes, since v3.0 it's mandatory to use credentials. The reason is that some properties are not sent when using anonymous access and prevent commercial plugins to work in SonarLint. This situation was hard to troubleshoot.

You should create an account with the appropriate permissions in SonarQube to be used with SonarLint.

Duarte Meneses | SonarSource
Software Engineer

Are you using SonarLint in your IDE?

Jakub Kadlubiec

Jul 6, 2017, 7:19:29 AM7/6/17
to Duarte Meneses, SonarLint
Thanks for the explanation Duarte.

Just so I understand, is it expected to disable anonymous upload of scan results using sonar scanner? I'd prefer to not have to store user tokens for every project on CI.

If you have more reading material around this, it'd be appreciated if you send it.

Cheers,

J.

On 5 July 2017 at 19:02, <jakub.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey,

I updated the IntelliJ plugin to recently released version 3.0.0.2041, but I cannot integrate with the server now. The server is not enforcing users to provide username/password or token and in previous versions we were just able to leave the token field blank.

Now the UI enforces token to be entered.

Would it be possible to provide another Authentication type which would be "Anonymous"?

Thank you,

J.

Duarte Meneses

Jul 6, 2017, 7:46:33 AM7/6/17
to Jakub Kadlubiec, SonarLint
Hi Jakub,

No, the scanners were not affected and we don't plan to change anything, so there is no reading material about this.
This was only done on SonarLint side because of the problem described. For future features, it might also be useful to be able to check what are the issues in the server assigned to the SonarLint user.

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 12:01 PM Duarte Meneses <duarte.meneses@sonarsource.com> wrote:
[...]

simon.sc...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2017, 1:51:18 PM7/7/17
to SonarLint, jakub.k...@gmail.com
the fun part is, that you can bypass it by editing the sonarlint.xml in your intellij config... :D