Roslyn Analyzer support for StyleCop

pascal...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2016, 8:49:20 AM7/8/16
to SonarLint
Hi,
Are there plans to officially support StyleCop rules through a Roselyn Analyzer with the existing or a new StyleCop plugin? There already exists the StyleCopAnalyzers project which has created a Roslyn analyzer re-implementing the StyleCop rules, but they are not interested in creating or maintaining a Sonar plugin (See https://github.com/DotNetAnalyzers/StyleCopAnalyzers/issues/2166). Has SonarSource plans for this or will this be up to the community?

Thanks
pascal

Julien HENRY

Jul 11, 2016, 8:08:50 AM7/11/16
to pascal...@gmail.com, SonarLint
Hi Pascal,

If there is a existing Roslyn implementation of StyleCop rules, then it should be possible to generate a SonarQube plugin using the SonarQubeRoslyn SDK:

++

Julien

pascal...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2016, 8:24:44 AM7/11/16
to SonarLint
Thanks. I'm aware of the possibility Of creating a Plugin. My question was if Sonar plans to provide a Plugin or if this needs to be done by the community?