SonarLint with Visual Studio 2015 - Connection lost when Visual Studio is closed

prad...@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2017, 2:21:06 AM1/24/17
to SonarLint
I have installed the SonarLint plugin in Visual Studio 2015 Update 3.
I am able to connect to my SonarQube server using the Team Explorer extension.

But when I close the Visual Studio window and re-open, the connection information is lost.
Is there some setting that can store the connection information persistently?

Thanks,
Pradipto

Tamas Vajk

Jan 25, 2017, 2:44:26 AM1/25/17
to prad...@gmail.com, SonarLint
Hello Pradipto,

The server URL, and the bound project ID is stored in a SQ connection file. Are you asking about storing the username and the password?

Thanks,
Tamas

Tamas VAJK | SonarSource
Language Team

prad...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2017, 8:29:23 AM1/25/17
to SonarLint, prad...@gmail.com
When I close and re-open Visual Studio, I have to enter all the info again: URL, Username and Password.
Is there something I am missing?
Can you tell me where the SQL connection file is present? I can check if the values are retained there.

Thanks,
Pradipto

On 24 January 2017 at 08:21, <prad...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have installed the SonarLint plugin in Visual Studio 2015 Update 3.
I am able to connect to my SonarQube server using the Team Explorer extension.

But when I close the Visual Studio window and re-open, the connection information is lost.
Is there some setting that can store the connection information persistently?

Thanks,
Pradipto

Tamas Vajk

Jan 25, 2017, 9:16:45 AM1/25/17
to prad...@gmail.com, SonarLint
Hello,

We don't store the username and the password. But when you bind a solution to a SonarQube project, we add a solution folder with a .sqconf file, such as this one: https://github.com/SonarSource-VisualStudio/sonarlint-visualstudio/blob/master/src/SonarQube/SolutionBinding.sqconfig

Tamas

Tamas VAJK | SonarSource
Language Team

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sonarlint/078c4889-ee34-4a88-a48d-cccc4270eb36%40googlegroups.com.