SonarLint doesn't repoort errors in connected mode for Rider 2017.3

mike.chambe...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2018, 1:55:13 AM1/4/18
to SonarLint
Windows 10
SonarQube 6.5
Rider 2017.3
SonarLint for IntelliJ 3.1.0.2244

I have successfully installed the SonarLint plugin both on VS2017 and Rider, connected to our internal SonarQube server by generating a token, and bound to the correct project.  VS2017 correctly reports errors, while Rider reports nothing.

On the SonarQube server we have an error reported:

var captures = Regex.Match(url.ToLower(), CulturePattern)?.Captures;

  var captures = Regex.Match(url.ToLower(), CulturePattern)?.Captures;
Define the locale to be used in this string operation.
  • L46
  • Bug
  • Blocker
  • 5min effort

In VS2017 this same error is highlighted correctly:

But in Rider no issue is reported, even if I modify or manually re-analyze the file by clicking the play button:

Here is my working VS2017 setup:

Here is my not working Rider setup (seems to be exactly the same):

What's up with this? Shouldn't this just work?

Mike

duncan.po...@sonarsource.com

Jan 4, 2018, 10:00:29 AM1/4/18
to SonarLint
Hi Mike,

Unfortunately not. The SonarLint analyzers for C#/VB are written in C# using the Roslyn framework. According this 2016 blog post from JetBrains (the most recent reference to Roslyn in Rider I could find) Rider doesn't support running Roslyn analyzers and there are no plans to add it.

My guess is that the SonarLint for IntelliJ plugin appears in the Riders plugin directory just because it uses the IntelliJ SDK. I've raised ticket #SLI-249 on our side to see if we can limit the set of compatible IDEs for the plugin. Apologies for this.

Regards,
Duncan

Tobias

Apr 21, 2018, 4:17:53 PM4/21/18
to SonarLint
Hi Duncan,

with the release of Rider 2018.1, Roslyn Analyzers are now supported (see https://blog.jetbrains.com/dotnet/2018/04/19/rider-2018-1-released/).
Any chance to get the SonarLint plugin updated to support Rider?

Regards,
Tobias

amaur...@sonarsource.com

Apr 23, 2018, 10:07:45 AM4/23/18
to SonarLint
Hi Tobias,

Thanks for the heads up! We still have no plan for the support of Rider.

Cheers,
Amaury