Limitations of intelliJ SonarLint for Java projects?

Kumar Gaurav

Apr 29, 2018, 8:53:55 AM4/29/18
to SonarLint
Dear All,

I am planning to use SonarLint for Java projects (in connected mode) and I would like to know about the major known limitations before starting with it.
Ones I know are:
1. Does not support some third party analyzers e.g. FindBugs, PMD etc.
2. Does not indicate code coverage.
3. Does not indicate code duplications.

Are there any others? I have also seen some people complaining about performance issue when using this plugin..

Thanks a lot,
Kumar

janos....@sonarsource.com

Apr 30, 2018, 2:38:08 AM4/30/18
to SonarLint
Hi,

I would clarify the first point: does not support *any* third party analyzers. Only SonarSource ones. I don't recall other major limitations than the ones you listed.

Although we have seen performance problems in rare isolated cases, we are not aware of performance issues in general. Performance is very important to us, and we would do our best to fix whenever it's reported.

Good luck, I hope you'll enjoy this product,
Janos