SonarLint (for Eclipse): Auto-Update for outdated configuration ("SonarLint stored configuration is outdated")

markus.m...@gmx.at

Jan 26, 2017, 11:15:35 AM1/26/17
to SonarLint
Hi,

we are using SonarLint for Eclipse v2.5.1 (Eclipse 4.5.2) and get the popup "SonarLint stored configuration is outdated" quite often. (SonarQube 6.1 server)

It would be very helpful to either have a preferences-setting to activate an automatic update of the configuration, without any popup, or at least a "Update now" option within the popup to save to more clicks as suggested in this comment by Christophe Lee in SLE-111.

Any chance to see such a feature any time soon?

Best regards, Markus

Julien HENRY

Feb 15, 2017, 10:40:27 AM2/15/17
to markus.m...@gmx.at, SonarLint
Hi Markus,

Sorry for the late reply. What do you mean by quite often? This message should only appear:
  - when the local storage is in an incompatible format (= SonarLint plugin was updated) -> this should not be very frequent
  - if the local storage goes into an inconsistent state (or get completely deleted) -> this is not supposed to occurs

So I'm interested to know more details. How often does it occurs? Could you have an external process deleting storage (location is in the Eclipse workspace).

++

Julien