build-wrapper for Eclipse

Ramon

May 28, 2018, 1:05:49 PM5/28/18
to SonarLint
Hi all

I am trying to use SolarLint with SonarQube cloud. Connecting a newly created project in SonarQube cloud to SonarLint works perfectly fine.
But I cannot see the results of the analysis in the web interface of SonarQube cloud. This is also understandbale: the project creation tutorial explains the steps to analyse the project.
Unfortunately I have problems applying these instructions to my current setup.
Using the build-wrapper locally does not work since eclipse builds in several steps and I suppose therefore the bw-output directory is empty, because every step overwrites it.
How can I run the build-wrapper in eclipse or use SonarLint to create the bw-output which sonar-scanner expects?

Probably this question is not 100% related to SonarLint but I hope some of you might use a similar setup. I have Eclipse (actually STM32 System Workbench) to develop my project and I would like to use SonarQube to share my work with my collegues. In the future we would like to use a build server to run the static code analysis centrally.

Looking forward to hear your thoughts and advices.

Best regards,
Ramon

Julien HENRY

May 29, 2018, 3:01:37 AM5/29/18
to Ramon, SonarLint
Hi Ramon,

The build wrapper is a kind of "listener" for compiler calls, so that it can perfectly grap all the configuration. It should work fine even if your build process result in multiple compiler calls. Do you have some headless script to build? Or do you only build from Eclipse?

If you have command line way to build, I would recommend to use it.

SonarLint is not designed to "push" analysis results to SonarCloud. The connected mode is only their to ensure the same configuration is shared between the two tools, so that reported issues are as close as possible in the two.

++

Julien Henry | SonarSource

Developer

https://sonarsource.com