Re: Adding new SonarQube Server Configuration is failing with exception: Unable to parse server infos from

Message has been deleted

Julien HENRY

Aug 4, 2017, 7:13:41 AM8/4/17
to D0nski, SonarLint
Hi D0nski,

/api/system/status is supposed to return a JSON response, while here it seems to return some html tags. Check that your proxy is not changing the response body.

++

Julien Henry | SonarSource

Developer

http://sonarsource.com

Recently setup new SonarQube server (6.2) Server is setup fine and can see analysis etc.  Trying to setup SonarLint via intellij and I am getting the below error:

2017-08-04 11:15:19,876 [70211605]   INFO - ellij.tasks.ConnectionTestTask - Connection test failed
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to parse server infos from: <html>
<head>
td {color: red}
p {color: black}

<script type="text/javasc...
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.connected.validate.ServerVersionAndStatusChecker.fetchServerInfos(ServerVersionAndStatusChecker.java:111)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.connected.validate.ServerVersionAndStatusChecker.checkVersionAndStatus(ServerVersionAndStatusChecker.java:61)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.connected.validate.ServerVersionAndStatusChecker.checkVersionAndStatus(ServerVersionAndStatusChecker.java:51)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.WsHelperImpl.validateConnection(WsHelperImpl.java:60)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.WsHelperImpl.validateConnection(WsHelperImpl.java:53)
at org.sonarlint.intellij.tasks.ConnectionTestTask.run(ConnectionTestTask.java:52)
at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.CoreProgressManager$TaskRunnable.run(CoreProgressManager.java:718)
at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.CoreProgressManager$5.run(CoreProgressManager.java:402)
at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.CoreProgressManager.a(CoreProgressManager.java:170)
at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.CoreProgressManager.a(CoreProgressManager.java:548)
at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.CoreProgressManager.executeProcessUnderProgress(CoreProgressManager.java:493)
at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.ProgressManagerImpl.executeProcessUnderProgress(ProgressManagerImpl.java:94)
at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.CoreProgressManager.runProcess(CoreProgressManager.java:157)
at com.intellij.openapi.application.impl.ApplicationImpl.a(ApplicationImpl.java:603)
at com.intellij.openapi.application.impl.ApplicationImpl$2.run(ApplicationImpl.java:343)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: com.google.protobuf.InvalidProtocolBufferException: Expect message object but got: "<html>"
at com.google.protobuf.util.JsonFormat$ParserImpl.mergeMessage(JsonFormat.java:1220)
at com.google.protobuf.util.JsonFormat$ParserImpl.merge(JsonFormat.java:1197)
at com.google.protobuf.util.JsonFormat$ParserImpl.merge(JsonFormat.java:1079)
at com.google.protobuf.util.JsonFormat$Parser.merge(JsonFormat.java:277)
at org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.container.connected.validate.ServerVersionAndStatusChecker.fetchServerInfos(ServerVersionAndStatusChecker.java:108)
... 19 more

I am behind a proxy, but I have proxy enabled and test connection to sonar server is successful through intellij.

Hitting http://ldndtrxfix01:8100/api/system/status brings back a valid result.

SonarLint Version: 3.0.0.2041

Andy help appreciated.

Thanks,
D0nski

donal_m...@hotmail.com

Aug 4, 2017, 8:51:44 AM8/4/17
to SonarLint, donal_m...@hotmail.com
Yes thanks, you were right.  I've deleted my original post I realized I posted a local link it.

Thanks for your help!