Running SonarLint VisualStudio without SonarQube

Saad Subhan

Jan 4, 2017, 4:42:45 PM1/4/17
to SonarLint
Hi,
I have installed SonarLint extension for Visual Studio 2015.
Can the code be analysed locally WITHOUT connecting to a SonarQube server?

Do I need to install something else in order to analyze my code (if i dont have SonarQube)?

Apologies for the silly question. I couldn't find an explicit answer even after extensive searching.

-saad

Tamas Vajk

Jan 5, 2017, 2:16:57 AM1/5/17
to Saad Subhan, SonarLint
Hello Saad,

After you install SonarLint for Visual Studio, analysis results (warnings) will automatically show up in the Error Window. You might need to enable Tools/Options/Text Editor/C#/Advanced/Enable full solution analysis otherwise only open files will be analyzed.

Tamas

Tamas VAJK | SonarSource
Language Team

Saad Subhan

kaushik...@gmail.com

May 16, 2018, 10:49:17 AM5/16/18
to SonarLint

Amaury Leve

May 16, 2018, 11:48:51 AM5/16/18
to kaushik...@gmail.com, SonarLint
Hi,

If you want to analyze C# and/or VB.Net code, simply install the extension for Visual Studio and start typing and you will see issues popping for the files open. Note that if the "Enable full solution analysis" option in Options > Text Editor > C# > Advanced all files will be analyzed.

If you want to analyze Javascript or C++ you will need to activate the support for additional languages.

Cheers,
Amaury

Amaury Levé | SonarSource

Software Developer - .Net Team