Cannot finish "Connect to SonarCube Server..."

projektn...@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2017, 10:47:32 AM12/1/17
to SonarLint
Hi!

I installed SonarLint with eclipse on my Linux Mint running KDE.
Now I want to connect to a server and everything works fine
untile I want to finish the connection. Then I'm asked for the
default KWallet password and that just don't work.
I checked and reset Login and KWallet password threetimes so it's correct!

Can this be a sonarLint issue?

Best regards

Julien HENRY

Dec 1, 2017, 11:24:49 AM12/1/17
to projektn...@gmail.com, SonarLint
Hi,

I'm also using KDE, and everything is working fine.

With the latest version of Eclipse, there is an integration with the OS to store the master password. But this is NOT KWallet. It is using Secret Service (https://specifications.freedesktop.org/secret-service/), that is supposed to become a standard, but this is not yet implemented by KDE (https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comments/5avpj3/ksecretservice_news/).

If you want to change the password of your default vault, you can install and run seahorse. This is a graphical tool.

++

Julien Henry | SonarSource

Developer

https://sonarsource.com

projektn...@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2017, 11:56:23 AM12/1/17
to SonarLint
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm not sure if I get what you're trying to tell me.
I used Kgpg, which is the KDE equivalent to seahorse, so I guess it should be okay.
When I start it, it is empty and has no keys in it, so how can I change
the password of default vault?

Regards
Antonio

Am Freitag, 1. Dezember 2017 17:24:49 UTC+1 schrieb Julien HENRY:
[...]

Julien HENRY

Dec 1, 2017, 12:07:48 PM12/1/17
to projektn...@gmail.com, SonarLint
Basically, what I'm trying to explain is that there are two different places where password are stored. One used by Gnome (Gnome Keyring / Secure Storage) and one by KDE (KWallet). Eclipse only use the Gnome one, even if you are using KDE...

Julien Henry | SonarSource

Developer

https://sonarsource.com

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sonarlint/877c628b-7b2c-4496-92de-47bf8716b160%40googlegroups.com.

projektn...@gmail.com

Dec 4, 2017, 5:41:34 AM12/4/17
to SonarLint
Your explanation let me install seahorse and that lead me to entering the CORRECT password.
So, thanks a lot! :)

Best regards
Antonio

Julien HENRY

Dec 4, 2017, 5:50:04 AM12/4/17
to Antonio Melillo, SonarLint
I'm glad you manage to fix your problem.

++

Julien Henry | SonarSource

Developer

https://sonarsource.com