SonarLint gets exception

sbo...@vastec.com

Oct 20, 2017, 2:23:58 PM10/20/17
to SonarLint

I'm using VS2015, C#, under Windows 7. We're using SolarLint for the first time, I'm cleaning up the project. Changed some rules to info to reduce the sheer volume of messages. Haven't gotten to messages tab yet, but thought developers might be interested in the only warning I have.

Line 59 that appears to be causing the problem is pretty mundane:

_customer_number = new SimpleXMLItemTag("pat:CustomerNumber", aDocCode);

_customer_number is SimpleXMLItemTag, and the constructor is pretty simple too, just records the arguments.

I intentionally left the Custumer mis-spelling to ease any searches.

I would be glad to know what I can do to get rid of this warning, everything looks legit.

Amaury Leve

Oct 23, 2017, 3:28:34 AM10/23/17
to sbo...@vastec.com, SonarLint
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. We already received this feedback on the GitHub issue (https://github.com/SonarSource/sonar-csharp/issues/803) but there was no example so we couldn't fix it properly. Your example actually gave me the necessary info so I can track down the issue. I will update the GitHub ticket with your example and we will fix it for SonarC# 6.6.

Cheers,
Amaury

Amaury Levé | SonarSource

Software Developer - .Net Team