IntelliJ plugin : How to exclude rules that are archived on classe ?

sebastie...@gmail.com

May 19, 2017, 1:40:53 PM5/19/17
to SonarLint
Hello,

I have the latest version of the plugin.

I activated the setting : Automatically trigger analysis  and bind to the sonarcube server.

when I check the analysis's report on a java file, I see lot of warnings. That's fine at this point BUT

there are rules/warning that were "archived" in Sonar, but I see them in the report.  There is a way to exclude the warnings that were flaged in SonarCube server ?

examples : squid:LeftCurlyBraceStartLineCheck and squid:IndentationCheck

for now it's not possible to deactivate the rules in the server.

thanks

Duarte Meneses

May 22, 2017, 3:49:30 AM5/22/17
to Sébastien Dionne, SonarLint
Hi,

I'm not sure what you  mean with "archived", but in the connected mode, issues known by SonarQube that are marked with "won't fix", "false positive", or "resolved" are not shown in SonarLint.
The quality profile (i.e. activated rules) used by SonarLint will match the one set to the project in SonarQube to which you are bound.

Duarte Meneses | SonarSource
Software Engineer

Are you using SonarLint in your IDE?

Sébastien Dionne

May 23, 2017, 7:22:42 PM5/23/17
to sona...@googlegroups.com
+add googlegroups

here a example.  Sorry for the confusion about "archived".

here a file that a guy put as "resolved won't fix)  and in Eclipse he saw the error again. (he use eclipse.  I have the same problem with IntelliJ).

Inline image 1Inline image 2

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 7:21 PM, Sébastien Dionne <sebastie...@gmail.com> wrote:
here a example.  Sorry for the confusion about "archived".

here a file that a guy put as "resolved won't fix)  and in Eclipse he saw the error again. (he use eclipse.  I have the same problem with IntelliJ).

Inline image 1Inline image 2

Julien HENRY

May 24, 2017, 2:55:46 AM5/24/17
to Sébastien Dionne, SonarLint
Hi,

To help us understand the issue, can you give us more details about the project structure. Single module, multi modules?

If it is a multi-module project, on Eclipse, you have to bind each project to its corresponding SonarQube module, and not bind all Eclipse projects to the same SonarQube project (=root module).

In the end, if the path of the file in Eclipse is something like: <project base dir>/relative/path/to/the/file.java
then in SonarQube, the file key should be something like: <bound project key>:relative/path/to/the/file.java

If I take an exemple on one of our projects:

In Eclipse:
Images intégrées 2

In SonarQube:
Images intégrées 1

HTH

Julien Henry | SonarSource

Developer

http://sonarsource.com

Julien HENRY

May 24, 2017, 9:47:20 AM5/24/17
to Sébastien Dionne, SonarLint
(Informations sent privately)

Thanks Sebastien. I didn't tried yet to reproduce but your project keys (including a branch with a leading '/') might be the reason of the failure. I'll keep you posted.

Julien Henry | SonarSource

Developer

http://sonarsource.com

duarte.meneses

May 24, 2017, 10:00:45 AM5/24/17
to SonarLint, sebastie...@gmail.com
Hi,

One more thing: could you tell us which version of SonarQube you are connected to?
Thanks.

Duarte Meneses | SonarSource
Software Engineer

Are you using SonarLint in your IDE?

Sébastien Dionne

May 24, 2017, 10:13:35 AM5/24/17
to duarte.meneses, SonarLint
SonarQube™ technology is powered by SonarSource SA
Version 6.3.1 (build 21392)

Sébastien Dionne

Jun 7, 2017, 9:49:54 AM6/7/17
to duarte.meneses, SonarLint
hello all,  it's just to know if you were able to fix the problem or find where the bug could be ?

thanks

duarte.meneses

Jun 8, 2017, 4:10:18 AM6/8/17
to SonarLint, duarte....@sonarsource.com, sebastie...@gmail.com
Hi,

I'm not able to reproduce the problem using a similar project structure.
Assuming you are using IntelliJ, In the SonarLint tool window there is a tab with the logs.
Please enable the verbose and analysis logs, and check if it successfully downloads the issues for the file when you open it in the editor.

Example:
Fetching server issues (waiting for results)