Automatically trigger an update of local configuration if remote has changed

Lorenzo B

Sep 14, 2017, 11:07:54 AM9/14/17
to SonarLint
Hi all,

First of all congrats for this fantastic tool! It's amazing!

I have a question for you. From the documentation (http://www.sonarlint.org/eclipse/) I've seen that in order to trigger an update of local configuration, if the remote SonarQube has changed, it's possible to do it manually: right click on a server and use the “Update all project bindings” action.
Will SonarLint support an automatic way in the future? Or, is there any way to achieve it?

Thanks,
Lorenzo

Julien HENRY

Sep 15, 2017, 2:45:21 AM9/15/17
to Lorenzo B, SonarLint
Hi Lorenzo and thanks for your kind words,

The "update bindings" operation may be costly, depending on your situation, so we don't plan for now to make it an automatic task, without asking for user confirmation. But for sure we dream about an incremental/on-the-fly/streaming/event-based/any-other-cool-word communication between SonarQube and SonarLint, so who knows :)

++

Julien Henry | SonarSource

Developer

http://sonarsource.com