Unable to update project failed to parse protobuf message

zolo...@gmail.com

May 29, 2018, 5:49:01 AM5/29/18
to SonarLint
 we are getting error while binding sonarproject in eclipse through sonarlint to sonarqube.

while binding we get a error box with below message.
Unable to update project failed to parse protobuf message

Sonarlint console logs with below error, could any one help on this.

Error during execution of SonarLint analysis
org.sonarsource.sonarlint.core.client.api.exceptions.StorageException: No data stored for module 'project name'. Please update the binding.

FYI  --> we have created project in Gerrit ,p ushed eclipse project to gerrit repository and build through jenkins and we could see the project in sonarqube as well but while binding through eclipse it was showing above error.

sonarlint_error.PNG

Julien HENRY

May 29, 2018, 9:29:42 AM5/29/18
to zolo...@gmail.com, SonarLint
Hi,

Can you open the SonarLint console, enable verbose output, and then update all project bindings? You should see in logs the WS call that is returning a broken response. Then we can investigate deeper.

++

Julien Henry | SonarSource

Developer

https://sonarsource.com

zolo...@gmail.com

May 29, 2018, 11:19:05 AM5/29/18
to SonarLint
yup I can see verbose output and analysis logs were enabled.

below are more logs in detail where it gets connecting to local network for SSO
GET 200 https://<portalname>/sonarqube/api/qualityprofiles/search.protobuf?projectKey=<projectname> | time=921ms
GET 200 https://<portalname>/sonarqube/api/settings/values.protobuf?component=<projectname> | time=714ms
GET 200 https://<portalname>/sonarqube/api/components/tree.protobuf?qualifiers=BRC&baseComponentKey=<projectname>&ps=500&p=1 | time=724ms
GET 200 https://signindev.<localnetwork>/opensso/?service=intranetSequence&locale=en&goto=http%3A%2F%2F<portalname>%3A80%2Fsonarqube%2Fbatch%2Fissues%3Fkey%3D<projectname> | time=1744ms

On Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 6:59:42 PM UTC+5:30, Julien HENRY wrote:
[...]

Julien HENRY

May 29, 2018, 11:41:25 AM5/29/18
to zolo...@gmail.com, SonarLint
As you see in the logs, the first GET are ok, but the last one is really strange. It seems to be redirected to a sso, that is probably showing an HTML page, instead of returning the data we are expecting. What happen if you try to open https://<portalname>/sonarqube/batch/issues?key=<projectname> in a web browser? Are you able to download the protobuf document?

Julien Henry | SonarSource

Developer

https://sonarsource.com

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sonarlint/a4d0932c-a085-46b1-b7ef-f80c539fa5db%40googlegroups.com.

zolo...@gmail.com

May 29, 2018, 11:54:44 AM5/29/18
to SonarLint

so here I see page got redirected to SSO page and we tried to whitelist  /sonarqube/batch/issues* to bypass the issues through SSO , but still its throwing the same error.

 if we disable SSO its functioning well but while SSO enabled  no luck. any idea to solve this.

Julien HENRY

May 29, 2018, 12:01:20 PM5/29/18
to zolo...@gmail.com, SonarLint
Whitelisting the /batch/issues WS should work, like it works for other WS (I suppose you have already whitelisted /api/*). I have no other idea, sorry.

Julien Henry | SonarSource

Developer

https://sonarsource.com

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sonarlint/fdc77534-9cd7-456a-8660-f646d46a324d%40googlegroups.com.

zolo...@gmail.com

May 29, 2018, 12:05:44 PM5/29/18
to SonarLint
yup we have whitelisted /api/*  as well before. but now for this /batch/issues* its not working , and its throwing protobuf error with sonarlint console errors as sso link with StorageException: No data stored for module . does whitelisting solve this issue or any other way we can fix it ?

zolo...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2018, 2:05:26 AM6/1/18
to SonarLint
Hi Henry,

The issue still persists even after white-listing /sonarqube/batch/issues* entry , did httpd restart after adding  and checked in eclipse again but we got the same protobuf error dialog box , any help would be much appreciated .

Julien HENRY

Jun 1, 2018, 5:20:38 AM6/1/18
to zolo...@gmail.com, SonarLint
Hi,

I'm sorry, but I can't help resolving internal networking configuration issue. You can use a network sniffer tool like wireshark to see what is happening.

To confirm the issue come from the proxy, you can install a SonarQube instance that is reachable without passing through the proxy.

++

Julien Henry | SonarSource

Developer

https://sonarsource.com