SonarLint connected mode, understand how it works.

priyang

May 15, 2017, 4:02:37 AM5/15/17
to SonarLint
Hi Team,

We are planning to use SonarLint with VS 2015 , and we are having multiple Development branch and respective sonar projects for each Dev branch.

If I use connected mode with in visual studio, for each branch I will need to provide respective sonar projects path.

My question is , If SonarLint connected mode is only , fetching rules from server then I can create a common project with rules and I that can be used by sonarLint. In that case I don't need to provide different project details for each development branch.

Freddy Mallet

May 23, 2017, 4:13:00 PM5/23/17
to priyang, SonarLint
Hi Priyang,

The short answer is : yes having a common project will do the job because for the time being the "Connected Mode" of SonarLint for Visual Studio doesn't take into account the issues flagged as FP or Won't Fix, see  https://jira.sonarsource.com/browse/MMF-610

++
Freddy

Freddy Mallet | SonarSource

Co-Founder